ELCA Synod Assembly Video
In case you missed it at our NT-NL Synod Assembly or would like to view it again…
Hymn Festival and Workshop
Church Music Institute of Dallas will sponsor its annual workshop entitled “All Times and All Places Praise the Lord” on Saturday, June 15, at St. Stephen Presbyterian Church in Fort Worth, Texas. Presenting clinicians who will offer inspiration, edification, and practical application for all those involved in the church music endeavor, the workshop offers something for everyone, whether full-time or avocational church musicians, clergy, or interested laypeople. Acclaimed organist Dr. David Cherwien and theologian Rev. Paul Westermeyer will encourage and offer participants a vision for a holy, blessed, and collaborative relationship among all of those involved in leading worship in the Church. Other clinicians will focus on choral music, organ repertoire, handbells, and children’s choir.
60-Day Journey Toward Justice
Twenty-five years ago, the ELCA adopted the social message “Community Violence,” calling for advocacy and an end to the cycle of violence. This message is still all too relevant, with frequent occurrences of gun violence in this country. This new 60-day resource invites the church to journey together through daily observances that call us to face the painful truth of gun violence and work for its prevention as people of God who strive for justice and peace in all the world. It also includes a summary of church statements and teachings related to gun violence. The 60 days of prayer, scripture, stories, and church teaching begins June 16.
Featured Resources for May
Mental Health Awareness Month
Each year, millions of Americans face the reality of living with a mental illness. During May, NAMI and the rest of the country are raising awareness of mental health.
The WhyCare? campaign is an opportunity to share the importance of care in our relationships to others, in mental health treatment and services, and in support and education to millions of people, families, caregivers, and loved ones affected by mental illness. Share information, images, and graphics to tell others what #WhyCare means to you.
When mental illness is present, the potential for crisis is never far from mind. Crisis episodes related to mental illness can feel incredibly overwhelming. There’s the initial shock, followed by a flood of questions—the most prominent of which is: “What can we do?”
People experiencing mental illness—and the people who care for them—need information. However, that information is not always readily available and the search for answers may require more energy and persistence than possible in times of crisis.
“Navigating a Mental Health Crisis: A NAMI Resource Guide for Those Experiencing a Mental Health Emergency” (Crisis Guide) provides important, potentially life-saving information for people experiencing mental health crises and their loved ones. This guide outlines what can contribute to a crisis, warning signs that a crisis is emerging, strategies to help de-escalate a crisis, available resources and so much more.
MHA also has Mental Health Screening Tools. Taking a mental health screening is one of the quickest and easiest ways to determine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition. Mental health conditions, such as depression or anxiety, are real, common and treatable. And recovery is possible.
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/shreveport-two-for-one/ – published May 22)
(https://www.ntnl.org/may-happenings/ – published May 22)
(https://www.ntnl.org/a-graduation-celebration/ – published May 22)
(https://www.ntnl.org/st-john-bartlett/ – published May 25)
(https://www.ntnl.org/welcome-pastors-don-and-donna-wright/ – published May 26)
Where in the world is?
- Jun. 1: Ordination at Abiding Grace, Southlake
- May 30: First Call Pastors retreat, Briarwood
- Jun. 1: Ordination of Kathryn Saunders-Allen, Abiding Grace, Southlake
- May 28: NTNL Stewardship team meeting
- May 30: First Call Retreat – Generosity Project & Mission Interpretation
- Jun. 8: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Jun. 8: MEF Board meeting, Arlington, TX
- Jun. 8: Discovering Hope: Building Vitality in Your Congregation, Arlington, TX
- Jun. 8: East Texas – North Louisiana WELCA “The Gathering”, Mabank, TX
- Jun. 9: “Transforming Discipleship: Faith, Love and Hope after Empire”, Dallas, TX
- Jun. 14-15: “All Times and All Places Praise the Lord” Workshop & Hymn Festival, Fort Worth, TX
- Jun. 22: Worship Together Summer Experience, Richland Hills, TX
- Jun. 29: Better Conversations workshop, Arlington, TX
- Jul. 13: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Aug. 5-10: ELCA Churchwide Assembly, Milwaukee, WI
- Aug. 10: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Aug. 12-15: Intentional Interim Training, Argyle, TX
- Aug. 17: WELCA Annual Women’s/Girl’s Retreat, Grand Prairie, TX
- Aug. 31: ELCA Generosity Project workshop, Keller, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.